Melon with prosciutto, grilled ribeye with basil and garlic, mushrooms with browned butter, and some really good potatoes.


I found these mini-melons that I've never seen before. It's like a mini cantaloupe. It was round, the size of a softball, with a smooth skin. It was quite good. I came back from vacation and my basil had started to flower, so I trimmed it back. Thus I had a pile o f basil. I chopped some with some garlic and added some oil. My partner slathered some on while grilling, and it was delicious. 


Potatoes. Jacques Pepin was on TV in the background while we were working, and he cooked these wonderful looking potatoes. He boiled them, cut them into chunks, and then fried them in a lot of oil. Because of time, I peeled and cut it into chunks, then boiled them. I fried them while the steak was resting. Excellent technique. Crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. I'll definitely make them again. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog