Lamb tagine, baked sweet potato with compound butter, and couscous.

I had the rest of the halal lamb rib chops that I picked up a few weeks ago from the Middle Eastern market. I decided rather than grill them, I'd braise them. I seasoned with salt and pepper, gave them a hit of meat tenderizer, coated them in flour, and seared them. I put them aside, and sauteed chopped onion, garlic, cumin, ras el-hanout, and ground coriander, I added some romano beans, green olives, raisins, preserved lemon, white wine, and chicken stock, and stuck it in the oven.


 I put the sweet potatoes in the oven at the same time, and mixed up some butter with cumin, ras el-hanout, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Also made some couscous. 
It all turned out great, considering I didn't have a recipe, and just winged it. I don't have a tagine, but I cooked all in my braiser, which is essentially the same thing. But I guess it's not officially a tagine unless it's cooked in a tagine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog