Grilled NY strip, halushki, and an eggplant/pepper/tomato dish.

The NY strip is a prime one I bought when they were on sale which I pulled out of the freezer yesterday. We made some compound butter to top it.

I linked to the eggplant/pepper/tomato dish, which was quite good. I had two small eggplant that we grew that needed to be cooked. I also had a bunch of yellow/red/orange bell peppers that were already cut and cleaned (you'll see why), and I used some of the 50lbs of Campari tomatoes I bought (they were $.49/lb, I'll make passata). I added some herbs (fresh parsley, thyme, and basil, dried oregano, ground fennel, and crushed red pepper) because the recipe as written seemed a little bland. It came out great. Mine was also prettier because our eggplant was bright yellow.

I made haluski (cabbage, onions, egg noodles) because I also had a lot of leftover thin sliced cabbage. Why, you may ask. Because I bought a couple of fermentation jars with an airlock. I made sauerkraut earlier, but sliced too much cabbage. As for the peppers, I made giardiniera in the other jar, and I used red, orange, and yellow peppers in it so it would be pretty. Thus, I also had pieces of unused colorful peppers. Yeah, I was busy in the kitchen today

The eggplant/pepper/tomato dish

The sauerkraut and giardiniera:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog