Grilled chicken thighs, tomato salad, roasted carrots, and leftover wheatberry salad.
My partner ordered dual-pronged grilling skewers that he was keen to try out. I bought skinless boneless thighs that I cut, pounded, and marinated in oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, rosemary, parsley, and some spicy red Thai chili that I grew. He skewered and grilled it. I reserved some of the marinade (before adding the chicken) and rested it in that after it came off the grill. Tomato salad was standard, oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, basil, and a bit of green chili I also grew. I mixed the carrots with oil, honey, and a ton of spices (aleppo pepper, ground cloves, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, paprika, just a bit of each) and roasted them. Topped them with a mix of parsley and mint. Typing this out, it sounds really busy, but it wasn't. It had an nice, pleasant, Middle Eastern flavor. I also had a half of a bazlama (Turkish bread, like a thick pita) to sop up the wonderful juices from the tomatoes.

Comments
Post a Comment