Roasted stuffed chicken thighs, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, tomato salad, potato and green bean salad.

Okay, I'm insane. I worked like hell today and we got a lot of shit knocked out for our business. At four o'clock, I decided to make a chicken dinner. I found some ground beef in the freezer from last year(!). I vacuum sealed it so it was perfectly fine. I had six chicken thighs And moo glue. I decided to take the bones out of the thighs and moo-glued them together. I had a bag of Pepperidge Farm stuffing cubes in the pantry. I made stuffing from the meat, the cubes, celery, onion, and a bit the chicken stock I made from the bones. I laid the stuffing out on the thighs, rolled it up, and tied it up with string. I roasted it, and made a gravy from the remaining stock.

I broke out a can of jellied cranberry sauce from the pantry also. Yeah, the jellied stuff. I like it. It was like early Thanksgiving. The chicken didn't look the way I wanted it to. It stayed together, but it needed it bit more skin (I cut some off the thighs too soon). And while it browned on top, the skin was pale and a bit flabby on the bottom. Next time, I'll glue it together better using some of the extra skin, and I'll turn it over halfway through. But the taste was outstanding. 

The top picture is what it looked like raw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog