Korean fried chicken, Thai eggplant salad, and Korean cucumber banchan (oi muchim).

I haven't made Korean fried chicken in a dog's age and I had the urge. I stopped by the Korean market recently and there were like three restaurants in the strip mall selling chicken. It's been so long, I forgot which recipe I used, if I even used just one. I went with America's Test Kitchen; while not always authentic, it usually yields good results. The only change I made was to massage the wings with ginger-garlic paste, salt, and white pepper, and let it sit out for a while. The results were terrific.

Since I was frying, I thought I'd try the eggplant recipe, which was on the ATK channel earlier today. It was really good, but it was a bit of a bother to fry the eggplant, then twice-fry the chicken. It was good though. I have a ton of Thai basil and mint, so it worked out well.

The cucumber banchan was just the standard recipe (I used Persian cucumbers), but it paired well with the fried food. Everything came out great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSqKv10abM8 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog