Grilled prime NY strip steak with compound butter, corn on the cob, and creamed leeks topped with crispy fried onions.

We are going out of town Wednesday, so I spent the day cooking. I have a lot of stuff that needs to be cooked before we leave. I made a cauliflower gratin that I'll heat up tomorrow. I had three pounds of campari tomatoes that I skinned, seeded, and cooked. I also had a bag of mini peppers that I needed to deal with. I do this to myself. The tomatoes were $1.49 for a 2 lb clamshell, and I got a bag of peppers for $.99. I ended up making Indian-inspired stuffed mini peppers The stuffing was sauteed onion, some of the tomatoes I cooked, garam masala, cumin, ginger garlic paste, bulgur, and queso fresco (I needed to also use up some cooked bulgur I had). They came out pretty damn good. I'll make them tomorrow - early vegetarian day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog