Zucchini parmesan, arugula salad with smoked, grilled halloumi, and toasted pistachios.

I have a zucchini plant. Yes, I live in a condo, and no, it's not on my patio. For some reason, the building that houses our hot water has 20 in diameter cylinders imbedded in the cinder block that surround the building. No idea of why. People often plant flowers in them, and we have too. But I planted a zucchini in one, and some hot pepper plants in another. The zucchini have started coming in, and I just picked two. I'm Italian. We can't help ourselves.

We are going out of town next week and I didn't want them to go bad. I'm also trying to cook all the perishable stuff before we leave. I've had a good-quality mozzarella that hit it's sell-by date last month. I also had leftover crushed tomato from the romano beans from a few nights ago, and the last vestiges of some tomato paste. The solution was zucchini parm. Gina of Buon-A-Petiti has a lot of great recipes; I used her recipe.

I also had to finish up the arugula. My younger son gave me a Breville Smoking Gun for my birthday, and I hadn't used it yet. I wanted to use it before I see him next week, so I smoked some halloumi cheese and grilled it in the grill pan for the salad. Added toasted pistachios and tangelo segments. The dressing was made with the tangelo zest, some of the juice, white wine vinegar, honey, Allepo pepper, sumac, and evoo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog