Pureed white bean with shrimp and focaccia, grilled salmon with tarragon aioli, and corn on the cob.
Once again, in the interest of not wasting $.50 of beans, I was off and running. I had overcooked the beans I made last Saturday. I drained them well and pureed them, added a good deal of evoo, garlic, parsley, and smoked paprika. I also had some leftover shrimp from Saturday too, so I sauteed the shrimp in evoo and a good deal of crushed red pepper, added parsley, and put it, oil and all on top of the puree. I had a bit of work downtime today, so I mixed up a rosemary focaccia. We ate them together as a first course.
It doesn't sound like it, but dinner was really quick and simple. While I did carry on about the beans and shrimp, it all was basically leftovers that came together really quickly, was absolutely delicious, and I'm kinda proud I just put it together on the fly. My partner grilled some salmon, I went out and picked some tarragon, and added it to some leftover aioli we had. Simple. Fresh corn on the cob....finally 2 for a dollar, and they were great. Boiled water, set the corn in it, moved it off the heat, and let it sit while the salmon was cooking. I can overcomplicate anything when it comes to cooking, but it was all very simple.
Comments
Post a Comment