Homemade pasta in pomodoro sauce, focaccia, salad, and a glass of Bordeaux.

While I tend to go on to long about what I've made, what I make can be a bit complicated, it doesn't take more than an hour and a half to make. Most often, it takes much less time. Today, I had a need for food therapy. A couple of big jobs at work are about done, and I felt like taking on a project. Busiate is a type of macaroni that I never heard of until late last night, when one of the guys I subscribe to made a dish using them. He bought them, but I had to Google them to see what they were. Making the dough took 15 minutes to mix and knead. I used 150 grams of the "semola di grano duro" (hard wheat semolina flour). Didn't even use a bowl, went old school and mixed it on the counter. It was making the little suckers took a pretty long time. I made mine thinner than the woman in the video. I tried to make pasta using skewers before, and mad a hash of it. This went very slowly, but well. Anyway, I sat at my dining room table for a couple of hours rolling and forming, and I enjoyed the Zen of it. The sauce was made from the passata I put up last fall, and the focaccia was the one I made yesterday. My partner fixed the salad. Needless to say, it was amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog