Grilled salmon with herb compound butter, arugula salad with goat cheese, apple, and candied hazelnuts, and stuffed eggplant.

I know, it all sounds so frou-frou, but it really wasn't. My partner grilled the salmon, simply with salt, pepper, and oil. I had the compound butter from the steak we made last night. I had arugula and goat cheese in the refrigerator, an apple that needed to be used soon, and hazelnuts in the freezer that my partner candied with sugar in a dry pan. I just dressed it with olive oil and sherry vinegar.

The only thing that needed some effort was the stuffed eggplant. I used this recipe from Lidia Bastianich, but I skipped the meat and the red pepper. I bought the small eggplant like in the video last week because they looked really fresh. I had some Italian bread that was starting to mold, so I fed the the birds the crusts and used the rest in the stuffing. I did boil a couple of eggs per the recipe, but I cracked one of the eggs taking it out of the carton; I beat that and added it to the stuffing as a binder. I also added some minced garlic. I topped it with some leftover toasted panko breadcrumbs that I had from an earlier recipe. It turned out really well. I was able to make it hours before and so it was ready to go when we started dinner.


https://lidiasitaly.com/recipes/meat-stuffed-eggplant/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog