Vegetarian night. Penne with pomodoro sauce using the passata I made last fall, mixed with a bunch of "san marzano" tomatoes I bought at the Middle Eastern market a couple of weeks ago. They get vegetables that don't go to Kroger, etc. but are perfectly fine. They were like $.50/lb. We're going away for the weekend and what we had left was on it's last legs, so they got blitzed and added to the passata. On that same trip, I got a bag of five heads of romaine lettuce. Caesar salad to go with the pasta. Since I made the executive decision to have pasta (shouldn't have), I'm my wisdom I also decided to make a loaf of bread because I didn't have croutons. Pasta, homemade sauce, fresh bread, salad, fucking great dinner. All those carbs, I'm typing fat. But so it goes.
Pesce alla Ghiotta (Sicilian Fish with Potatoes and Olives), Italian green beans I've been almost the same recipe with cod for a long time, but never say it with potatoes, so I actually used the recipe (more or less). I'm going to add some golden raisins when I put the cod in. I cooked the green beans, and sauteed some garlic, anchovies, red pepper flakes, and panko bread crumbs. Will add the green beans and a bit of parsley, and give it a good mix. https://enzasquailhollowkitchen.com/pesce-alla-ghiotta-sicilian-fish-with-potatoes-and-olives/#recipe
Comments
Post a Comment