Navarin d'agneau - okay, it's lamb stew, but I made a fussy recipe that involved straining, cooking different vegetables separately, etc. Of course, I couldn't use just one recipe either, so it was a mashup of two. Anyway, it had carrots, turnips, those small C-size gold potatoes, carrots, peas, haricots verts, cipolline, and a bit of tomato paste. It was quite delicious. We were out of town last weekend and I should have waited to make it (red meat one day a week) but I had a craving. Oh, I used a lamb shoulder chop with a round bone that weighed 1 1/4 lbs. Perfect for two people.

Update on the swordfish steak. I may have made it once and didn't care for it, but it was $9.99/lb and looked super fresh. With the help of the internet, 130F is what the internal temp should be. My partner was on the case. It was phenomenal!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog