Lunch: Fruit salad
Dinner: Clams, shrimp, beans, and spinach.
The fruit salad was amazing. I went to the Middle Eastern market, where they often have some ugly, but good cheap produce and fruit. Pineapples were $.99. Yellow, ripe, missing the crown. Needed to be used in a day or two. I bought nectarines, blueberries, strawberries, and pears. All at peak ripeness. I cut them all up, added some grapes, tangelo supremes, and cherries. I added a scoop of sour cream to my bowl. Delicious.
Dinner: I saw a recipe that was essentially beans in clam sauce. Of course, I couldn't leave it that simple. I bought some small clams and some shrimp with the heads on (which I rarely do). I cleaned the shrimp, saving the shells and heads. I cooked a pot of navy beans I sauteed the shrimp heads and shell in olive oil, and deglazed with white wine. Sauteed chopped onions and crushed red pepper, added garlic, parsley, and chopped fresh tomatoes, and some cooked spinach. I added the shrimp/wine liquid, the beans, and the clams, and covered it. When the clams started to open I added the shrimp, and cooked until just done. I finished it with more parsley, evoo, and black pepper. Ate with some pita. It was outstanding. It would have been great with linguine instead of beans, but beans were a great alternative.
Comments
Post a Comment