Fish day. I didn't intend to buy the sea bass. Grouper was on sale and while I may have said grouper, I pointed to the sea bass. It was a big piece and the fish guy prepped it for two. I get to the register and it's $46! I called my partner and he said just buy it. He grilled it, and we topped it with an Asian sauce (lime zest and juice, fish sauce, Vietnamese chilli garlic sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, sugar) and chopped cilantro. I bought some Romano beans last week and felt I had to use them before they went bad. They were still amazingly fresh. I cooked some onions, garlic, fresh tomatoes, and bit of tomato paste, threw in the beans and some water, covered it and let it cook for a while. I also bought a box of figs last weekend. What to do with them? Oh, a salad sounds good. I made a balsamic vinaigrette with some shallots, diced a ripe pear, crumbled goat cheese, and made my partner make some candied pecans. On a Monday night for Christ's sake! I'm fucking obsessed. But dinner was amazing.
Pesce alla Ghiotta (Sicilian Fish with Potatoes and Olives), Italian green beans I've been almost the same recipe with cod for a long time, but never say it with potatoes, so I actually used the recipe (more or less). I'm going to add some golden raisins when I put the cod in. I cooked the green beans, and sauteed some garlic, anchovies, red pepper flakes, and panko bread crumbs. Will add the green beans and a bit of parsley, and give it a good mix. https://enzasquailhollowkitchen.com/pesce-alla-ghiotta-sicilian-fish-with-potatoes-and-olives/#recipe
Comments
Post a Comment